Ozark Regional Songwriters Association
Membership Info & Showcase Events
Join the Ozark Regional Songwriters Association
The Ozarks Regional Songwriters Association (ORSA) is a part of the I’ll Fly Away Foundation (IFAF) designed to be a community of songwriters working together to further the opportunities for all Songwriters in the area. There will be a separate committee to run the operation of the ORSA. At least one member of the IFAF board will sit on the ORSA Committee and act as chair. The ORSA will have songwriter events for both the public and the association members.
Dues to the association are going to start at $30 per year.
Songwriter Showcase (monthly) – This event will showcase the original works of up to 8 Songwriters each month. Each participant is asked to promote the event to their fans and friends and to bring at least 5 fans with them to the showcase. The audience will vote and one winner will be chosen. The winner from each month will come back to the finals at the Power of Music Festival where we will have judges from the national music industry give feedback on the songs. The runner up winners each month will qualify in a wildcard round of voting on social media and the top 4 are invited to the finals. Monthly & Final winners will win prizes yet to be determined. One entry per year, per member.
- Showcase entry fee is free to members, $20 for non-members
- At least one Showcase entry per member, per year. Consecutive months not allowed.
- Members to get priority on Showcase entry
- Song must be an original written by the performer
- Songwriter can bring one accompanist
- $5 Cover charge for patrons attending the event
Song-Share– Each month, the ORSA members are invited to what we’re calling a Song-Share. At these events each member has the opportunity to share a song with the group. After each song the group will have a positive discussion about the song that was presented to help the writer improve on that song.
- Performance Entry Fee waived for one monthly songwriter showcase
- Cover charge waived for monthly songwriter showcases
- 20% discount at Haxton Road Studio
- Song critiques from live audience
- Networking with local songwriters
- Social Media promotion
- Discounted entry to Power of Music Festival Conference
- Link to your website from the ORSA website
- Booking recommendations to local venues and events when solicited
- Chance to perform on the Power of Music Festival based on your performance
- Interview opportunities for ORSA events through the ORSA PR agent (publicity for the songwriter through our press releases)
Tommy Joe Myers
Jimmy Mark Harris