“I’ll Fly Away,” the Most Recorded Song of All Time Remains the Cornerstone of the Rich and Lasting Music Traditions Created by Albert E. Brumley 110 Years Ago New York, New York –(October 29, 2015) – The Brumley Music Company has announced the “110th Birthday Celebration” of Albert E. Brumley, the Founder of the legendary American music company rich in Gospel, Americana and Country traditions. On Thursday, October 29, 2015, The Brumley Music Company will launch a series of programs and promotions nationwide to celebrate 110 years of Albert E. Brumley who created the most recorded song of all time
I’ll Fly Away Foundation Music Scholarships 2016
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Thursday, March 31, 2016. (no exceptions)
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed to complete application. (i.e., Reference Forms, Evidence of GPA, etc.)
- If any question does not apply to you in this application please put N/A in the space.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will be returned to you.
- You will be notified by mail or email in May 2016, regarding the status of your application.
- If you have any questions about the application, please email us at email@example.com
NOTE: Scholarship will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited post-secondary institution.
Purpose: To provide a $1000 scholarship to a deserving student seeking education and career opportunities in the music industry.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident
- Be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate in one of the following programs.
- Musical instrument
- Music Business
- Music History
- Music Therapy
- Music Education
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed scholarship application form.
- A one-page, single-spaced, 16 font essay describing your musical goals and explaining why you are interested in pursuing a career in the music industry.
- Two character references from people not related to applicant
- Participate in a live interview (if selected from qualifying applications. Via Skype if necessary)
Deadline for the application is Thursday, March 31, 2016. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered.
Please mail application to:
I’ll Fly Away Foundation Scholarship
PO Box 3304
Bella Vista, AR 72715
Albert E. Brumley Music Scholarship: National Scholarship 2016 IFAF Albert E Brumley Scholarship App
Brenna Marie Currie Music Scholarship: North Carolina Triad Region 2016 IFAF Brenna Marie Currie Scholarship App